- Past Accomplishments
- Projects 2012
The Des Moines Legacy Foundation is a non-profit agency whose mission is to build a brighter future though parks, recreation and senior services in the Des Moines community. Through community support and fundraising the foundation is proud to support the following projects in 2012:
1. Purchase of a water fountain for the Field House Park Grandstand.
2. Sponsorship of the Des Moines Farmers Market.
3. Sponsorship of the Des Moines Arts Commission Summer Concert Series and the Opening Celebration of the Beach Park Auditorium.
4. Purchase of a frost free freezer for the community Meals on Wheels program for homebound seniors.
5. Funding for recreation scholarships for low income youth and seniors.
6. Funding for bi-weekly social worker support services offered at no cost at Des Moines Senior Activity Center.
7. Funding for Medical Teams International monthly dental van hosted at Grace Lutheran Church.
8. Funding for the Chihuly Seniors Making Art and Dance for Parkinson’s classes at Des Moines Senior Activity Center.
9. Purchase of back up cameras for two Parks, Recreation and Senior Services activity buses.
10.Sponsorship for the Summer 2012 Youth Sailing program.
11.Funding for Daisy Sonju Community Garden raised garden beds and benches.
Currently the Des Moines Legacy Foundation has two openings on the board. For more information on the board openings or the foundation please contact Sue Padden, 206.870.6584 or Spadden@desmoineswa.gov.